Every school is obligated to provide transportation to its students with disabilities. If you think your child should be transported by the district, or your child is transported but there are concerns with the transportation, such as described below, you may need legal assistance:
- Your child is assigned to a “sped” bus when regular bus with supports would be appropriate;
- Your child’s bus ride to school is long (over an hour) because the bus picks up too many students;
- Your child must sit in assigned seats but no one else must;
- Your child’s bus leaves school early or arrives late; or
- Your IEP does not call for transportation and you need/want your child transported.
We offer a 20 minute free phone consult for everyone who needs it. Whether you are looking for an attorney to hire or just need to have a question answered, please call 408.286.3081 or submit the form below.