The schools are required to follow various laws and timelines that protect your rights and very often they neglect, or refuse, to do so. We cannot list them all but here are some examples:
- The school does not respond to written requests for documents related to your child;
- IEP meetings are held without key staff that know your child best and staff that know what programs exist within the district;
- The school does not designate a “responsible person” to coordinate 504 compliance;
- The school does not designate a person with authority to resolve complaints;
- The school staff falsifies records, misrepresents facts about your child, or deprives you of timely information pertaining to your child; or
- When the school refused to provide a service or support you requested, they did not send you a prior written notice or describe their reasons for denial at the IEP meeting.
Please fill out the information below to start the process for receiving a free 20 minute phone consultation.